By International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO)
Please read this press release from PHCC Supporting Sponsor, IAPMO, which includes award announcements for multiple PHCC members (underlined).
San Antonio, Texas (Sept. 27, 2023) — The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) on Monday opened its 94th annual Education and Business Conference, co-located with ASSE International’s Annual Meeting and the American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association’s (ARCSA) Annual Conference, at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk.
During the conference’s opening session, IAPMO honored numerous individuals with awards recognizing unique contributions and long-standing support from members and industry allies. The awards and their recipients include:
- Legislators of the Year: U.S. Rep. Dina Titus (D-Nevada); Texas State Rep. Armando Walle; and former New Jersey Lt. Gov. Sheila Oliver (posthumously)
- President’s Green Oval: UA Local 562, St. Louis County, Missouri; and Pete Skinner, E2G Solar, Albany, New York, and John MacArthur, P.E., Beardsley Architects and Engineering
- Joseph Kneidinger Sustainability Professional of the Year: Stephanie Tanner, U.S. EPA WaterSense program lead engineer
- American Flag Award: PHCC Texas; UA Local 68, southeast Texas
- Industry Person of the Year: Josh Hollub, Modern Plumbing, Pasadena, Texas
- George Kauffman Lifetime Achievement Award: Bill Erickson, CEO of C.J. Erickson Plumbing Co., Alsip, Illinois
- IAPMO Fellows: Ed Gormley, Hugh Kelleher, Doug Marian, Pat McCullough, Kurt Steenhoek, Kevin Sullivan, Amir Tabakh, and Don Taylor
IAPMO CEO Dave Viola delivered the annual State of IAPMO report, San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg addressed attendees and presented a resolution declaring “Mechanical and Plumbing Industry Week” in San Antonio, and the keynote address was delivered by George McGraw, founder and CEO of DIGDEEP, a human-rights nonprofit working to bring clean water access to all Americans.
IAPMO’s 95th annual Education and Business Conference will be held in Las Vegas, Sept. 22-26, 2024.
# # #
Sponsor of the Uniform Codes, IAPMO® – The International Association of Plumbing and
Mechanical Officials – works in concert with government and industry for safe, sanitary, and resilient
plumbing and mechanical systems. Learn more about IAPMO at www.iapmo.org.
Senior Writer | Marketing and Communications