Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the PHCC website from another site, the address of that website.
By using this general information in combined fashion, for all visitors, PHCC hopes to make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site, the types of information desired by visitors, and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
E-mail Addresses and Contact Information
There may be instances where visitors are asked to provide e-mail addresses and other basic contact information. These opportunities are available on a voluntary basis. Users are not required to provide this information, although failure to provide this information may result in a visitor’s inability to fully benefit from the opportunity.
PHCC-National Association does not sell or otherwise release users’ contact information. An exception will be in instances where the visitor is, or becomes, a member of PHCC-National Association, in which case the information may eventually be published (for example, in the Who’s Who membership directory) or whose company name and mailing address is shared with Associate members for one-time promotional use sans email and telephone number. There also are instances where we will share member distribution lists with third-party vendors with whom we have a Non-Disclosure Agreement. This practice is consistent with trade and professional associations, whose missions typically involve networking and other relationship-building activities.
Finally, there may be instances where a visitor, during use of the site, provides an e-mail address or other contact information (for example, as part of participating in an online discussion or chat group). In these instances it is reasonable to assume that users may receive e-mail from other users. Any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information.
This site contains Links to other sites. PHCC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
PHCC-uses for the following reasons:
- To verify that you are a current member when you go to pages in the Member’s Only area. When you access a page in this area, you are asked for your user name and password. Once you have submitted this information during your session, you do not have to submit it again until you log off the Internet and attempt to return to a page in the Member’s Only area.
- So that you don’t have to re-enter your PHCC username and password every time you return to the Member’s Only area of the site.
- To assist in customizing the choices displayed to you based on earlier input.
This information is not used for any other purposes than the ones listed above, and is not sold or made available in any fashion to any other organizations or individuals.
If you wish to block cookies, please refer to your browser instructions on how to do so.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
This Policy Will Change
If you have any questions, please contact PHCC at (703) 237-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org