It’s only been 12 years since PHCC of Iowa helped get statewide licensing approved in The Hawkeye State. Hear how that has led (directly and indirectly) to a ton of other accomplishments by this winning chapter. “Iowa is in great hands,” says PHCC—National President Joel Long during his podcast with PHCC of Iowa’s:
- Randi Malone, Executive Director, and
- Jeff Berndt, Secretary/Treasurer.
- The chapter partnered with the other two “players” in their industry – Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) and the union – to get statewide licensing approved.
- Iowa state legislators know who PHCC is because of passionate members and board members – and a hired lobbyist – who frequently go to the State Capitol to tackle crucial industry issues.
- The chapter’s apprenticeship program is “better than anything around this area,” thanks to dedicated leaders and instructors providing a comprehensive hands-on program.
- The recent decision to also launch the PHCC Educational Foundation’s Online Plumbing & HVAC Apprenticeship Program is meeting the need for flexibility by both contractors and students … plus leading to growth in membership!
- The chapter is exposing thousands of high school students to career opportunities “they really haven’t been told about” by participating in the state’s “Build My Future” event.”
- Parents and guidance counselors are finally starting to believe there’s a better path for many students that results in little-to-no debt, transferable skills, and attractive pay. “It’s starting to catch on in massive ways!”
- It’s good to create your own success and not compare it to somebody else’s.
- You, too, can encourage positive leadership in the next generation of workers!
Of course, we also get some personal nuggets from our guests: one who is a competitive golfer with a zero handicap and another who is lover of true crime shows (she comes by it honestly!).
Listen to Episode 15 NOW at phccrocks.com.
Follow Us on Social:
For ideas, suggestions, and feedback you can email us about the podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org