By Staff Writer, PHCC Educational Foundation
Thanks to You, We Had a Pretty Awesome 2018!
Mix a big batch of hard working volunteers with a heaping helping of generous donors, and you get a fully cooked batch of checked off boxes on our 2018 to-do list.
Here’s some of what we accomplished together this year –
- Partnered with 20 PHCC chapters to offer online plumbing and HVAC apprenticeship courses through our PHCC Academy Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provided 60+ training sessions for PHCC state chapter executives and contractor representatives to guide them through the process of enrolling new apprentices into our online training programs.
- Expanded the number of students we can accept into our LMS to meet the demand for new apprentice training from contractors. Apprentice enrollments in the LMS more than doubled in 2018 from 330 to over 700 enrollments as of mid-November.
- Partnered with University of Central Oklahoma’s Institute for Learning Environment Design on online plumbing technician training to be developed in 2019.
- Screened, selected and awarded $105,000 in scholarships to 44 apprentices and students in 2018.
- Sponsored 21 educational seminars for contractors in partnership with PHCC chapters nationwide.
- Updated the Foundation website to help contractors take advantage of our educational offerings.
- Sponsored the HVAC Excellence Instructor Conference.
- Delivered two multi-day boot camps for construction project managers.
- Sponsored the International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IWSH) Foundation’s International Community Plumbing Challenge, delivering updated water and sanitation systems for the Navajo community in New Mexico.
- Organized and ran the SkillsUSA Plumbing Championship for 50 student competitors.
- Planned and conducted the National Plumbing and HVAC Apprentice Contests at PHCC CONNECT 2018.
- Contributed materials from the Apprentice Contests to Habitat for Humanity.
- Collaborated with PHCC and the PHCC National Auxiliary to deliver 19 educational seminars for contractors at PHCC CONNECT 2018, including a panel discussion at PHCC CONNECT on Workforce Development – a session aimed at teaching contractors how to make connections with local educators and their students.
Volunteer opportunities are available if you would like to serve on a Foundation committee in 2019. Hit the button below to let us know that you would like to on the team next year.
Staff Writer , PHCC Educational Foundation