By Industry News Release
The battery-powered solution includes intuitive features and is backed by the quality RIDGID is known for in the industry
Elyria, Ohio – November 17, 2022 — RIDGID®, a part of Emerson’s professional tools portfolio, introduces the 760 FXP™ Power Drive, its first hand-held cordless threading solution designed for portability and ease of use on the jobsite. Powered by RIDGID’s all-new FXP Technology Platform, the battery-powered tool features the same proven professional quality and durability users know and trust from RIDGID, with intuitive smart technology to improve the users’ threading experience.
The 760 FXP threads faster than any other cordless hand-held threader on the market today when threading 1 ½ -inch to 2-inch Schedule 40 pipe. The portable threader’s brushless motor completes up to thirty 2-inch threads per charge using the 4Ah battery, an 8Ah battery is also available for extended life. The tool is offered in two variations, 12-R and 11-R, and is 100% compatible with the existing RIDGID threader die heads of that type. It reaches 42 RPM in forward and reverse.
“At RIDGID we are continuously talking to trade professionals about what they need and want on the jobsite. Our team regularly hears requests for new tools that provide quality results, save them time and put less strain on their body,” said Zach Mospens, product manager, RIDGID. “The RIDGID 760 FXP Power Drive is our latest solution to that request and an industry first with the speed it provides users while maintaining consistent torque and power output.”
The 760 FXP Power Drive threads 1/8-inch to 2-inch pipe and is ideal for multiple new construction and repair applications on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and oil/gas projects. Key features include:
- FXP Technology Platform – The new RIDGID high performance FXP Technology platform combines the portability of the FXP Battery along with the efficiency and reliability of a brushless DC motor.
- Torque Reaction Shutoff – Tool automatically shuts off when kickback is detected.
- Workspace LEDs and End of Thread Notification – LEDs near the head of the tool light up the workspace and help alert the user when the thread is nearing completion. This increases thread
consistency according to NPT standards.
- Die Retention Mechanism – Retention ring locks die head into place, so user does not need to press directly on the die head to begin threading and allows the user to easily insert and remove die heads (for 1/8-inch to 2-inch 12-R heads and1-½-inch and 2-inch 11-R die heads).
- Bluetooth® Connectivity – Integrated Bluetooth connectivity for use with the RIDGID Link® App to receive real-time data on tool performance and needed maintenance.
The 760 FXP Power Drive comes with the RIDGID full lifetime warranty.
To purchase or learn more about the 760 Power Drive or other threading solutions, contact your local distributor for an in-person demo, visit RIDGID.com, or call toll-free: 1-800-4RIDGID.
Emerson’s professional tools business, which includes RIDGID as well as the Greenlee® and Klauke® brands, provides the industry’s broadest portfolio of advanced, reliable tools and technologies for the mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades globally. Visit emerson.com/professionaltools for more information.
RIDGID®, Greenlee®, and Klauke® are trademarks of Emerson or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global technology and software
company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial and residential markets. A
leader in industrial automation, Emerson helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers optimize
operations, protect personnel, reduce emissions and achieve their sustainability goals through its Automation
Solutions and AspenTech businesses. Emerson’s Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure
human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable
infrastructure. For more information, visit Emerson.com.