By Staff Writer, PHCC-National Association
Federated Insurance® welcomed fourteen Executive Directors of the nation’s influential contractor industry associations to an input meeting on November 14-15, 2022. Chief Executive Officer Mark Ingrao represented the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC) at this event and shared his thoughts on the current challenges and opportunities for PHCC members.
Six PHCC chapter executives also participated, providing input from their geographic areas: Jeff Beiriger, PHCC of Wisconsin; Brenda Dant, PHCC of Indiana; Joyce Frank, PHCC of Ohio; Mike McGraw, PHCC of Pennsylvania; Gina Scumaci, PHCC of Connecticut; and Tracy Threlfall, PHCC of California. Other construction trade associations also were represented.
The group shared insight into how member businesses are navigating challenges and how they benefit from specialized insurance coverages and risk management solutions for contractors. Throughout the session, attendees praised many of the services Federated offers member clients, such as:
- Employee safety training found in the mySHIELD® online client portal, as well as the certificate management, drivers lists, and vendor resources.
- Federated DriveSAFESM telematics, which helps improve employee driving behavior.
- Federated’s network of independent estate planning attorneys to support business succession planning.
- In-person Risk Management Academy seminars and monthly educational webinars.
- Direct marketing, risk management, and claims personnel committed to providing unmatched customer service.
Participants spoke in-depth about how Federated Insurance can continue providing value to contractor businesses and industry associations. The perspective gained during the two-day input meeting will help improve future products and services developed with contractors in mind — and assist Federated in supporting its clients and association partners nationwide.