Think Holiday Cards Now
April 4, 2005
Put Your Name On The Mind (and Mantle) of Several Thousand Customers This Thanksgiving & Holiday Season.
By: Adams Hudson
(Editor's Note: While this article is advertising items for sale from the author, the message of keeping in contact with your customers is important enough to allow for a little selling to go with the marketing lesson.)
This is the time of year to make yourself known to your customers. Holidays are made for building relationships. Especially during this time in our country - people want stability and relationships.
So give them what they want during the Holidays! If you just "blend in" with the sea of other contractors who never call, and never contact - except to send another sales message - then you're no different from everyone else. I don't think I need to tell you this but...
You cannot stand out by sameness.
You must stand out and you must make an effort to be different. Those who do, get remembered; those who don't get left for the competition.
That's why I started looking around for Holiday cards that contractors could send customers. And what I saw was…
- The stupid "1960's" looking cartoony ones. Please - Santa in a tool belt is not cute, nor do I ever remember him checking my pilot light.
- The "cheesy" sentimental generic ones that could be from anyone - contractors, pet store owner, hairdressers, or the neighbor you haven't spoken to in 3 years. Your cards should be more "you".
- The gorgeous, foil-printed, die-cut numbers that reek of style and elegance… at $3 each.
You can either choose to spend a few pennies per customer or you can decide not to, and let them find your competition. (They'll be happy you made that decision!)
Your Holiday Greeting Cards are a fantastic Customer Retention tool. Plus, it puts your name right into the minds - and mantles - of thousands of customers. The program is simple and effective. And I promise - it'll cost you more not to do it.
Here's how you get started:
1. Go to our Holiday Greeting section.
2. Select among the 8 designs - 2 For Thanksgiving and 6 for Holidays.
3. Send to your active customer base for just pennies. You already spent $275-325 to get them, spend a tiny bit more to keep them!
Adams Hudson is president of Hudson, Ink “Creative Marketing that Works.” His company creates a full line of marketing tools for contractors including Customer Retention newsletters, Yellow Page ads, “turn-key” Marketing PowerPacks and custom copywriting. You can get a free subscription to his “Sales & Marketing Insider” by faxing your letterhead to 334-262-1115 with the request. Also check out www.hudsonink.com on the web for free marketing tips or call 1-800-489-9099 for more info.
PHCC Educational Foundation .
Visit the Facts & Stats Archive for Links to past articles.
Please Sign in to rate this.