Retaining Satisfied Clients
March 20, 2003
All of the hard work in attracting new customers can be for nothing if there is not a dependable system for retaining satisfied customers.
It is said that it costs three times as much to obtain a new customer as it does to retain an existing one.
A successful way to create good customer feelings toward the firm is to show that you genuinely care about each of your customers.
Other ways are:
- Dress appropriately.
- Always show up on time. Don't ever underestimate the importance of other people's time.
- Have a firm pricing policy.
- When selling a service, ask the customer in advance what the customer expects you to deliver.
- Keep in touch with the customer after the service is delivered.
- Be confident and friendly when you approach your customers.
- Provide a guarantee policy. Specify what is covered and for how long.
- Make sure your customers know exactly what they obtain for your price and what are considered extras.
Some very effective phrases to use with your customers:
- I'll take care of that for you.
- I take full responsibility.
- We want your business.
- Thank you for thinking of us.
- Consider it done.
PHCC Educational Foundation .
Visit the Facts & Stats Archive for Links to past articles.
Please Sign in to rate this.