Energy Efficiency and Water Conservation
As the trade association representing the professional p-h-c contractors who install and maintain p-h-c products, PHCC is a recognized industry leader in water conservation and energy efficiency technologies.
PHCC partnerships with key organizations keeps us informed, maintains our “voice” for the contractor, and increases our influence on important issues.
- PHCC is a member of the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE), an advocate for water-efficient products and programs. Check out all of their resources below!
- We are a partner of EPA’s WaterSense® Program.
- We support and encourage member participation in the EPA’s annual “Fix a Leak Week”.
- PHCC maintains a partnership within the Energy Star Program.
- PHCC participates in the Plumbing Efficiency Research Coalition's Drain Line Carry Study
- PHCC has a Memorandum of Understanding with the American Backflow Prevention Association (ABPA) to promote backflow education and certification.
- We support The Water Council which provides freshwater research, innovation, education and business development resources.
- PHCC is a member of the IAPMO WE Stand Technical Committee developing an ANSI Standard for efficient water and drainage systems.
- PHCC is a founding member of North American Technician Excellence (NATE) promoting certification of HVAC technicians.
PHCC makes sure the p-h-c contractors’ positions on “green-related” legislation and regulations are considered by Congress and the regulatory agencies. A key focus is to make sure that any proposed legislation on water conservation includes a requirement that a qualified and trained plumbing professional must complete the installation and maintenance of products.
Certified Water Auditor Program and Certification Exam
PHCC has developed a Certified Water Auditor Program and Certification Exam that focuses on applying building science principles to evaluate water usages in facilities. For more information contact Chuck White at email@example.com.
- Green Building and Water Efficiency Introduction (AWE)
- National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NEACA)
- Online Resource Library (AWE)
- The Water Council
- Water Conservation Resources
- White Papers & Articles