Workforce Development Center
To help meet the p-h-c industry’s crucial challenge to attract, train, and retain qualified workers, PHCC is sharing resources and success stories in this new online Workforce Development Center. Look here for innovative ideas and tools you can use to guide efforts within your company and community! More content, including expanded resources for students, parents and educators, are added frequently - so check back often!
For more information or assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Tools and Resources
The latest videos from PHCC focuses on how a career in the p-h-c industry is a great option for students contemplating their futures.
For more information visit:
www.phccweb.org/careers or www.phccareers.com
- CONNECT 2017 Workforce Development Exchange Discussion Notes: Developed by attendees of the CONNECT 2017 Workforce Development Exchange, these notes will help your business attract employees by becoming an "Employer of Choice."
- Workforce System Fast Facts by Jan Bray, Bray Strategies: Workforce System Fast Facts
- HVACSchool.org: This third-party website provides a number of HVAC-specific resources and interviews for those interested in the industry.
- Transformational Shift in National Priorities Needed to Attract and Educate Skilled Tradespeople
Read the latest article from EVP Michael Copp
- "Conquer the Workforce Challenge: Workforce Development Guide: Download
- "Talking Points on Plumbing and HVAC Careers": Presentation l Talking Points
- Read the latest success stories: "Ride and Decide", "Best Career 4 You" and S&D Plumbing's "Plumbing Pipeline Program".
- See how PHCC members tackled the workforce challenge on Capitol Hill during the Workforce Development Roundtable:
Press Release l Handout
- PHCC has developed a set of flyers to highlight
the benefits of a p-h-c career:
The Demand l The Potential l The Skills l The Future
Members can download customizable versions of these flyers below
Want to show people of all ages what you do, the benefits and rewards of your profession, and its importance to community health and safety? This handy checklist covers the types of audiences you can target, how to prepare, presentation tips, and follow-up steps.
These expert tips focus on what business owners can do to attract, train, and retain skilled workers.
Members Only Resources
Custom Flyers: Plumbing and HVAC Career Info That will Surprise You
Contractors and Chapters: Are you looking for ways to highlight just how lucrative a career in the p-h-c industry can be? Customize the templates offered below each industry flyer to create your own promotional pieces. Only available to PHCC members!
Discuss the increasing need for new workers in the industry.
Emphasize the great pay and job possibilities.
Talk about the connection between a successful workforce and STEM skills.
Share the benefits of starting your career path now and earning while you learn!
See what businesses in the industry are doing to reach the next generation. Get inspired, get active!
CAPHCC Ride & Decide Program seeks to connect students in the area with local contractors in order to explore the opportunities in the p-h-c industry.
Transition to Trades, by Hiller Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical of PHCC of Tennessee, allows separating soldiers the opportunity to attend Total Tech trade school (a subsidiary of Hiller, LLC) to learn valuable technical career skills while remaining active duty in the U.S. Army.
Targeting the 18-24 year old market, PHCC of Indiana's program and website promotes "the modern profession of plumbing" while focusing on the earning potential and job security of a plumbing career.
This innovative program based in Knoxville, Tennessee, pairs students with opportunities in the trade industry. Participants get the chance to experience the trade while assisting in paid work functions during their summer school break.
PHCC Member Sam Dowdy from S&D Plumbing has no problem finding great techs to hire, thanks to his continuous recruiting efforts.
Sam Dowdy Sr. and S & D Plumbing:
|For more success stories and best practices click here.|
Tap into these existing resources from PHCC and the PHCC Educational Foundation, available through your PHCC membership. And check back often, as more tools will be available soon.
|Best Practices in Workforce Development||Tomorrow's Workforce Needs: The Latest Stats||Plumbing & HVACR Instructor Bootcamp Webinar Series|
HVACR Workforce Development Foundation Reports
|Executive Summary||Supply Report||Demand Report|