Technical: Industry Representation
PHCC continues to expand our leadership in and partnerships with key industry groups dedicated to important issues related to professional standards, energy efficiency and water conservation and technical certifications. As a result, we keep you informed and increase our influence as we serve as “your voice” on important matters.
- PHCC provides guidance on how contractors can become energy efficiency and water conservation advocates in the build environment. PHCC’s Energy Efficiency and Water Conservation Committee continues to elevate PHCC’s involvement in water and energy issues.
- PHCC collaborates with the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE), providing PHCC members an opportunity to voice concerns or support of proposed programs.
- PHCC serves as an active member of the Plumbing Efficiency Research Coalition (PERC), sponsoring important drain line carry studies to determine low-flow toilets’ impact on the nation’s infrastructure.
- PHCC is a founding member and active participant in test developement and maintenance of North American Technician Excellence, Inc. (NATE), a leading certification program for HVACR industry technicians.
- As a member on the IAPMO Green Technical Committee, PHCC makes crucial code recommendations related to environmental sustainability.
- We also keep our eye on federal regulations that are developing, making sure p-h-c contractors’ perspectives are considered.
- PHCC has a Memorandum of Understanding with the American Backflow Prevention Association (ABPA) which allows joint cooperation in promoting backflow education and certification.
- Work is underway on a program that will show PHCC member’s commitment to responsible business practices through participation with the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) to develop a certification program for sustainable service providers.
- PHCC represents you on code issues. With a goal of having more contractor input in the development of all codes, PHCC has a strong presence on most of the major code writing bodies, including:
- National Standard Plumbing Code
- International Plumbing Code
- Uniform Plumbing Code
- Uniform Mechanical Code
- International Codes Council
- National Fuel Gas Code