Message from PHCC—National Association
President Chip Greene
Dec. 8, 2015
38 percent of PHCC’s revenue is from contractor dues. So what makes up the other 62 percent? A significant portion of PHCC’s revenue comes from our industry partners—manufacturers and suppliers whose products we use every day. Do we have to twist their arms behind their backs to get them to contribute money or services to be a member or sponsor an event? No, they give willingly with lofty goals in mind, like having a more educated contractor using their product, producing talent to install their product, and partnering with us to reign in the federal government trying to regulate us to death!
What is it they ask in return? An occasional thank you for their participation is a good start. Then the other thing we can do is make a conscious effort to buy their products. If you are a service contractor, choose to align yourself with a particular brand. If you are a new construction contractor, it is difficult to dictate what brands to tell a supplier to provide on hard bid work. But if you are in a position to negotiate a project where you either write your own specification or have leeway on what you can provide, tell your wholesaler you want to use products sold by companies who are industry partners with PHCC. It may be a few extra dollars to use one of these brands sometimes, but in the overall scheme of things on a negotiated project, it will make very little difference.
Also, use the manufacturers to help you with training your employees. They want to do this. If they can give your installers a few tips and tricks that will make for a smooth installation, then everyone benefits. Warranty issues cost a contractor money that is not budgeted on the job. They also reflect badly on the manufacturer, especially when a little training might have prevented the warranty issue, not to mention the cost and aggravation of issuing the new part(s), getting the defective ones back, issuing credit, etc.
Partners are people who do business together. Be a partner with the companies who help further the mission of PHCC!
If you don’t know which companies are PHCC partners, visit this page of our website and get familiar with those that not only want to sell you products or services, they also support your business, your association and your industry.
Greene & Associates, Inc.
- ServiceWhale & Bradford White Team Up to Improve the Way Homeowners Shop for Plumbing/HVAC Contractor Services
- New Standard Design-Build and Construction Management At-Risk Contracts to Help Projects Get Better Results
- PHCC Members Take Workforce Challenges to Capitol Hill During 2016 Legislative Conference
- Press Release: Drive S.A.F.E.