Top Three Plumbing Apprentices Receive Awards at CONNECT 2015
For Immediate Release:
October 6, 2015
For More Information:
Charlotte R. Perham
Three top plumbing apprentices received awards in the annual Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation's National Plumbing Apprentice Contest, held Oct. 1 in Hollywood, Fla.
The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC–National Association's CONNECT 2015 Product & Technology Showcase.
This year’s awards went to:
- 1st Place – James Peterson, John J. Maurer, Inc., Cataumet, Mass. – sponsored by A. O. Smith
- 2nd Place – Jared Beninati, Evan Hibbs Plumbing, Portsmouth, Va. – sponsored by Milwaukee Tool
- 3rd Place – David Spaeth, Harty Mechanical, Austin, Minn. – sponsored by Uponor
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
- Bob Carpenter, SharkBite/Cash Acme, Reliance Worldwide Corp., Atlanta, Ga.
- J. Daniel Crigler, III, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va.
- Tom Gent, France Mechanical Corp., Edwardsville, Ill.
- Victor Hatcher, Tyler Pipe & Coupling, Tyler, Tex.
- Andrew Kireta, Jr., Copper Development Association, New York, N.Y.
- Harold Moret, Copper Development Association, Sarasota, Fla.
- Vic Poma, Universal Plumbing & Heating Co., Las Vegas, Nev.
- Patrick Sheridan, SharkBite/Cash Acme, Reliance Worldwide Corp., Atlanta, Ga.
- Jim Steinle, Atomic Plumbing, Virginia Beach, Va.
- James Walls, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Garland, Tex.
- Luke Westman, Westman Plumbing, Inc., Aitkin, Minn.
The event was made possible by the following generous industry sponsors:
Headline Sponsors: A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; Channellock; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; IPS Corporation; Uponor; Viega, LLC; and Zoeller Company.
Contestant Sponsors: AB&I Foundry; A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Cengage Learning; Channellock; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Co.; IPS Corporation; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Tool; NIBCO, Inc.; Reed Manufacturing Co.; RIDGID; Shark Bite/Cash Acme, Reliance Worldwide Corp.; State Water Heaters; Tyler Pipe & Coupling; Uponor; Viega, LLC; and Zoeller Company.
Additional prize and materials sponsors included: AB&I Foundry; Atomic Plumbing; Bemis Manufacturing Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Caddy; Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute; Channellock; Charlotte Pipe & Foundry; Cimberio Valve; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; HOLDRITE; Jomar Valve; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Tool; NIBCO, Inc.; Oatey; RectorSeal; Reed Manufacturing Co.; RIDGID; Rothenberger USA; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; Tyler Pipe & Coupling; Viega, LLC; Wolverine Brass; and Zoeller Company.
About PHCC Educational Foundation
The PHCC Educational Foundation, a partnership of contractors, manufacturers, and wholesalers, was founded in 1987 to serve the plumbing-heating-cooling industry by preparing contractors and their employees to meet the challenges of a constantly changing marketplace. For more information contact a member of the Foundation staff at (800) 533-7694 or visit
Photos Available Upon Request; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHCC Educational Foundation Recognizes Copper Development Association For its Contributions and Commitment to the Industry
- Certified Water Auditor Program
and Certification Exam
- Auxiliary & PHCC National Association
History Books Available
- Drainline Transport of Solid Waste in Buildings–Phase 2 Study Released