Three Top Plumbing Apprentices Receive Awards at CONNECT 2014
For Immediate Release:
October 16, 2014
For More Information:
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (October 13, 2014) – Three top plumbing apprentices received awards in the annual Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation's Plumbing Apprentice Contest, held Oct. 9 in New Orleans, La.
The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest, which was a highlight of the PHCC–National Association's CONNECT 2014 Product & Technology Showcase.
This year’s awards went to:
- 1st Place – Tyler Arndt, Arndt & Son Plumbing, Brooklyn, Wisc.
- 2nd Place – Nathan Boggs, S. D. Boggs Co., Inc., Virginia Beach, Va.
- 3rd Place – Alexa Serafinn, UA Local 99, Bloomington, Ill.
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
- J. Daniel Crigler, III, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va.
- Laurie Crigler, L & D Associates, Inc., Aroda, Va.
- Tom Gent, France Mechanical Corp., Edwardsville, Ill.
- Victor Hatcher, Tyler Pipe & Coupling, Tyler, Tex.
- Rich Kerzetski, Universal Plumbing & Heating Co., Las Vegas, Nev.
- Harold Moret, Copper Development Association, Sarasota, Fla.
- Vic Poma, Universal Plumbing & Heating Co., Las Vegas, Nev.
- Dale Powell, Copper Development Assn., Gettysburg, Pa.
- Jim Steinle, Atomic Plumbing, Virginia Beach, Va.
- James Walls, Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute, Garland, Tex.
- Luke Westman, Westman Plumbing, Inc., Aitkin, Minn.
The event was made possible by the following generous industry sponsors:
Headline Sponsors: A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; Channellock; Coburn Supply Co.; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; Uponor; and Viega, LLC.
Contestant Sponsors: AB&I Foundry; A. O. Smith Water Products Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Cengage Learning; Channellock; Coburn Supply Co.; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Co.; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.; NIBCO, Inc.; Reed Manufacturing Co.; RIDGID; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; State Water Heaters; Tyler Pipe & Coupling; Uponor; and Viega, LLC.
Additional prize and materials sponsors included: AB&I Foundry; Atomic Plumbing; Bemis Manufacturing Co.; BrassCraft Manufacturing Co.; Caddy; Cast Iron Soil Pipe Institute; Channellock; Charlotte Pipe & Foundry; Coburn Supply Co.; Copper Development Association, Inc.; Delta Faucet Company; Holdrite; KOHLER Company; Legend Valve; Milwaukee Electric Tool Co.; Mission Rubber Co.; NIBCO, Inc.; Oatey; Reed Manufacturing Co.; RIDGID; Rothenberger USA; Sioux Chief Manufacturing Co.; Techsource Tools; Tyler Pipe; and Viega, LLC.
About PHCC Educational Foundation
The PHCC Educational Foundation, a partnership of contractors, manufacturers, and wholesalers, was founded in 1987 to serve the plumbing-heating-cooling industry by preparing contractors and their employees to meet the challenges of a constantly changing marketplace. For more information contact a member of the Foundation staff at (800) 533-7694 or visit