PHCC Academy: How is the Program Administered?
The PHCC Educational Foundation administers the PHCC Academy's learning management system from the PHCC headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia.
The PHCC Academy's role is to:
- Ensure that the federal Department of Labor approval for the apprenticeship program is kept current and is updated as needed.
- Administer the learning management system and course offerings for the eLearning program. This includes developing course content and placing it into the learning management system.
- Provide students with learning management system usernames and passwords.
- Provide all administrative functions on the learning management system.
- Coordinate any Advanced Placement Testing with PHCC State Chapter Partners.
- Provide a completion letter and certificate to students upon successful completion of each course.
PHCC's State Chapter Partners register the program in their respective states and manage the program at the state level. The role of the State Chapter Partner is to:
- Register and enroll students in the appropriate courses on the learning management system.
- Assist students with ordering textbooks for their courses.
- Act as the primary point of contact for students and employers who register for courses in their state.
- Serve as the liaison between the PHCC Academy and employers of apprentices enrolled in the program in their state.
Where no State Chapter Partner exists, companies may elect to set up in-house apprenticeship programs approved by their states and register apprentices directly through the PHCC Academy. Another option is for apprentices to be directly enrolled through the PHCC Academy independently.
It is always the responsibility of the apprentice to ensure that this program will be accepted by his or her state licensing entity and/or labor department as an alternative to classroom-based apprenticeship-related instruction BEFORE enrolling in the course.