Plumbing & HVACR Apprentice eLearning
The PHCC Educational Foundation offers plumbing and HVACR apprentice eLearning courses for apprentices who need a non-traditional method of receiving their apprenticeship-related instruction. This program is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, Office of Apprenticeship, as a reasonable option for apprentice training. Each course is the equivalent of one year of classroom instruction. On-the-job training must be coordinated with a participating employer.
The eLearning courses offer enhanced course quality and give students fast feedback on their performance.
For details on enrollment qualifications and pricing for the Plumbing and HVACR eLearning Program, contact the following individuals:
- Alabama – Bob Mosca - (205) 985-9488 or email@example.com
- Colorado - Bayley Krell - (303) 757-3956 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgia - Ellen Whitaker - (678) 947-3473 or email@example.com
- Louisiana - Julie Fuselier - (225) 343-2776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missouri - Ray Hefner - (314) 770-0093 or email@example.com
- New Jersey - Nicole Urizzo - (609) 987-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Carolina - Jim Pendergrass - (919) 532-0522 or email@example.com
- California - Tracy Threlfall – (916) 640-0910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other states - PHCC National - (800) 533-7694 or email@example.com
Prior to enrolling, the apprentice should confirm with his or her state licensing and/or labor department that this program is acceptable as a substitute for classroom instruction.
For more information, click on the links below.
Code of Federal Regulations
This online course is expressly permitted in the Code of Federal Regulations as follows:
29 CFR 29.5(b)(4) - Standards of Apprenticeship
"…. A minimum of 144 hours for each year of apprenticeship is recommended. This instruction in technical subjects may be accomplished through media such as classroom, occupational or industry courses, electronic media, or other instruction approved by the Registration Agency."