PHCC Academy Plumbing & HVAC Apprenticeship Courses
The PHCC Educational Foundation offers plumbing and HVACR apprentice eLearning courses for apprentices who need a non-traditional method of receiving their apprenticeship-related instruction. This program is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, Office of Apprenticeship, as a reasonable option for apprentice training. Each course is the equivalent of one year of classroom instruction. On-the-job training must be coordinated with a participating employer.
The Foundation's PHCC Academy courses offer enhanced course quality and give students fast feedback on their performance.
For details on enrollment in the PHCC Academy Plumbing and HVACR courses, contact the following individuals:
- Alabama – Bob Mosca - (205) 985-9488 or email@example.com
- California - Kelly Ceballos – (916) 640-0910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado - Kim Clary - (303) 758-9616 or email@example.com
- Georgia - Ellen Whitaker - (678) 947-3473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisiana - Crystal Carter - (225) 343-2776 or email@example.com
- Missouri - Ray Hefner - (314) 770-0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Hampshire - Jim Fusco - (603) 895-4444 or email@example.com
- New Jersey - Nicole Urizzo - (609) 987-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Carolina - Jim Pendergrass - (919) 532-0522 or email@example.com
- Pennsylvania – Mike McGraw – (800) 220-7422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Dakota - Ken Melius - (605) 271-7255 or email@example.com
- Texas - Alicia Dover - (512) 523-8094 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virginia - Susan Milhoan - (800) 947-7450 or email@example.com
- All other states - PHCC Academy- firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to enrolling, it is the apprentice's responsibility to confirm with his or her state licensing and/or labor department that this program is acceptable as a substitute for classroom instruction.
Technical Requirements for PHCC Academy Courses
- Windows Vista or higher
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Internet Speeds:
- Download: 1.5 Mbps min.
- Upload: 1 Mbps min.
- 2GB RAM min.
- Ports: 1935, UDP/TCP
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Flash Player v12
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Plumbing 101 – 6th edition
- Plumbing 201 – 6th edition
- Plumbing 301 – 2nd edition – NEW in 2017
- Plumbing 401 – 1st edition
- HVAC 101 – 1st edition
- HVAC 201 – 1st edition
- HVAC 301 – 1st edition
- HVAC 401 – 1st edition
All textbooks can be ordered online through Cengage.
For more information on how to start a program, watch the video below:
For more information, click on the links below.
Code of Federal Regulations
This online course is expressly permitted in the Code of Federal Regulations as follows:
29 CFR 29.5(b)(4) - Standards of Apprenticeship
"…. A minimum of 144 hours for each year of apprenticeship is recommended. This instruction in technical subjects may be accomplished through media such as classroom, occupational or industry courses, electronic media, or other instruction approved by the Registration Agency."