Make a WORLD of Difference
The safety and abundance of drinking water is a concern for most people all over the world, but what is not often recognized is the work the plumbing industry contributes every day to alleviate these concerns. History shows that great leaps in humankind’s advancement — both physically and socially — have been tied to advances in plumbing technology.
World Plumbing Day is March 11 … every year … everywhere. This year, join with PHCC member contractors nationwide and make it your day to implement a few simple changes that can make a world of difference in protecting the energy and water resources you depend on for healthy living.
The World Plumbing Council has posted statistics, activities and recommended conservation efforts, available here.
Among the changes that you can make this week:
- Use a broom instead of a garden hose to clean your driveway; you’ll save 13 gallons every minute you clean.
- Put food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the bowl, without flushing, you have a leak. Fixing it can save 1,000 gallons a month!
- Use a hose nozzle while you wash your car. You will save up to 100 gallons every time!
- Insulating your water heater and pipes can save both water and energy by decreasing the time it takes hot water to reach the faucet, which means less water down the drain!
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions by installing a solar hot water heater.