UAC Benefits and "Top Priorities for UAC"
UAC’s initial objectives focused on the following priority issues:
- Partner with the United Association to standardize safety training
- Partner with the United Association to establish qualifications and training standards for foremen
- Promote active involvement in the United Association among employees
- Standardize local agreements
- Support state and national Davis-Bacon
- Establish a local labor contract library
- Establish UAC as a forum for collaborating with the United Association
- Support legislation beneficial to signatory contractors
- Support the United Association’s industry-leading education, training and certification initiatives
- Promote the benefits of the organized sector of the industry among construction buyers
What Have We Done Lately?
UAC teamed up with the UA to create the National Residential Plumbing Agreement, an innovative program that allows contractors to compete in this lucrative market.
Working together, UAC and UA established the Plumbing Industry Council to promote expanding relationships between UA locals and contractors’ associations. Having contractors participate in strong associations locally and nationally will enhance the success of the organized sector of the industry.
UAC represents plumbing contractors on the Joint Committees at the national level. Arbitration, training, and codes are a few of the key areas where UAC represents signatory contractors at the national level.
UAC – Amplifying the Voice of Signatory Contractors