What We Stand For and How We Operate
PHCC’s Mission Statement is the guiding principle of the association:
The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association is dedicated to the advancement and education of the plumbing and HVACR industry for the health, safety, and comfort of society and the protection of the environment.
Core Organizational Values:
- Leadership and innovation
- Professionalism and integrity
- Member focused
- Technical and business expertise
- Career development and education
- Quality installation and service
- Proactive advocacy
PHCC will become so relevant that PHCC contractors are the best choice for professionalism, reliable products and knowledgeable service.
Our members are guided by the principles of honesty and integrity and follow the highest ethical standards in the industry.
How We Got Started
During the 1880s, the transition from outhouses to indoor plumbing was moving at a rapid pace, starting with better homes and commercial buildings. The burgeoning market for indoor plumbing spurred some gasfitters and other metal workers to specialize in this work.
The true craftsmen sought ways to distinguish those who knew what they were doing from those who didn’t. In 1882, a group of these new tradesmen in New York City banded together to form the Master Plumbers Association of New York. Shortly afterward, a like-minded group joined forces in Brooklyn.
In 1883, the 125 members of the New York group formed the National Association of Master Plumbers (NAMP) to provide the public with a complete, safe and sanitary plumbing system. NAMP was the forerunner of the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (NAPHCC), which later became the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors–National Association (PHCC).
For detailed histories of PHCC and the PHCC Auxiliary, check out these publications:
- A Heritage Unique, published by the PHCC Educational Foundation
- A Partnership Unique, published by the PHCC Auxiliary
- PHCC Celebrates 125 Years, published by Business News Publishing
Other popular items:
- "The Plumber Protects the Health of the Nation" Color Poster
Color Poster measures 24" wide x 36" high. Price: $5.00
Order this popular poster and other promotional items from American Standard by clicking here.
How We Serve our Members
- Check out the business-building benefits of PHCC membership—guaranteed to improve your bottom line!
- The PHCC Educational Foundation—a partnership of contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers—works to:
- Attract new talent to the industry
- Promote customer-focused service
- Leverage technology to improve contractor performance
- Offer business education and training for contractors and employees
How our Leadership Serves You
The members of the PHCC Board of Directors are your trusted stewards—committed to carrying out the association’s mission on your behalf.
How our Staff Serves You
The PHCC staff team is dedicated to exceeding your expectations for value and service!
PHCC Antitrust Statement
The purpose of this organization is to promote the business of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors—National Association (PHCC). PHCC, the association, includes the enhanced service groups (Construction Contractors’ Alliance, Quality Service Contractors and Union-Affiliated Contractors), the PHCC National Auxiliary, Association Executives Council and the PHCC Educational Foundation.
PHCC is not intended to, and may not, play any roll in the competitive decisions of its members nor in any way restrict competition. Antitrust compliance is the responsibility of every member of the association. The following rules are applicable to all association activities. They apply to all activities of the association, as well as all oral and written communications, including e-mails.
- No association meeting, committee, or activity will be used to bring about an agreement, whether formal or informal, among competitors with regard to prices, terms or condition of sale, sales and promotions, distribution, volume of production, territories, or customers.
- No association meeting, committee, or activity will include any discussion whatsoever of actual prices, costs, or any other terms of competition. No information on such subjects will be exchanged or discussed without prior approval of counsel.
- No association meeting, committee, or activity will include any discussion which might be construed as an attempt to prevent any business entity from gaining access to any market or customer for goods or services, or to prevent any business entity from obtaining a supply of goods or otherwise purchasing goods or services freely in the market.
- All members are expected to comply with these standards in informal discussions at the site of any association meeting.
PHCC is composed of many members and groups who share a common passion for the association and industry and a commitment to fulfill the PHCC mission of protecting the environment and keeping our society safe.Whether through education, networking, scholarships or professional development, these groups provide significant contributions to the advancement of the industry: